Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pin of the Day - October 7

The 'pin of the day' for Sunday has definitely had the most repins (currently with 1,088 likes and 2420 repins), which is especially crazy since I only pinned this 5 hours ago!  I can't believe I'm thinking about (or pinning!!) Christmas items already but when I saw this on another friends page I couldn't pass it up.



 

What a super cute, and ridiculously easy idea!  This would be the perfect centerpiece for your home this December, and a great go-to hostess gift for all those holiday parties you'll be attending!  I'm also thinking it would be a good back up gift to have ready for friends or neighbors who drop by with unexpected gifts!  If you wanted to use it for that purpose then you could fill the vase with candy/cookies/fudge since you may not have fresh flowers around your house at all times.
 
You can find my pin and some simple instructions here.  As far as I can trace it back - it seems as though the original idea for this 'candy cane vase' came from Katie Brown Home Workshop.  This blog seems to have tons of other great ideas to check out!!  I'm going to file the candy cane idea away for a couple months but I'm looking forward to making my own once I see some candy canes for sale!

The next time you visit Pinterest don't forget to follow me!! Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment